I’m officially on the slate and running for the PASS 2012 Nomination Committee!
I love the SQL Community and everything it embodies. I am very involved at the local and regional level and gained a unique view into PASS working on SQLRally. I know most of the current and past board members and those relationships have given me a good view into the PASS organization. All of these experiences have fuelled me to help and grow the organization, so now I’m looking to take that to the next step in helping define the future of PASS. One thing I have worked very hard on at the local and regional level is chapter governance, so I’m looking forward to working with the overall PASS governance structure.
Here are things I have volunteered for with PASS that I believe have given me the experience to fill a spot on the committee.
- Director of Communications and Logistics for the North Texas SQL Server User Group
- Director of Marketing for the PASS Performance Virtual Chapter
- PASS Regional Mentor for the South Central Region
- SQLRally Dallas 2012 Organizer
- Currently helping organize the 4th SQLSaturday in Dallas and have been a mentor for 2 others in the region
- I have spoken at many SQLSaturdays as well as SQLRally
- 24 Hours of PASS moderator
- Summit 2011 Program Committee
There are only 3 spots on the committee and I would very much appreciate your vote to fill one of those spots. If you were a PASS member by June 1st, 2012 then check your email for a link to your ballot. Feel free to post any questions here and I will be more than happy to answer them. You can also visit the PASS Elections Site to stay current with updates on this year’s elections or keep an eye on the #nomcom Twitter hashtag.
I’m also going to ask you for a favor in addition to your vote. I want you to either post here or email me (if you prefer privacy) your concerns and ideas about the PASS organization. The nomination committee’s job is make sure the PASS board gets a slate of qualified candidates. In order for the committee to do that I want to know what matters to you, the member. The members are PASS. We want to make sure the candidates are thinking about what matters to you.